When can minors possess alcohol in Michigan When can minors possess alcohol in Michigan? While minors are generally prohibited from the possession of alcohol, there are a few occasions where it is legal. First, in the course of employment with an employer that is operating pursuant to a properly obtained and maintained liquor license, a minor over the age of 18 may handle alcohol.  Secondly, a minor may consume alcohol during post-secondary coursework provided it takes place in an educational institution and with the supervision of faculty. Third, a minor may consume alcohol through practice of generally recognized religious service or ceremony provided their blood alcohol content is not higher than .02. Finally, a minor may be in the possession of alcohol if they are assisting law enforcement in a “sting” operation to ensure compliance with state and federal law. If you have received an MIP but fall under one of these categories an experienced attorney can help secure the best result in your case.

To retain Garmo & Kiste, PLC, and for assistance in Criminal Matters call us at (248) 398-7100 for a free consultation or contact us with a private message.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *