Between April 29 and May 31, Warren Police executed a crime sweep and cracked down on local criminal activity. The Mayor of Warren, Jim Fouts, reports that 115 arrests were made, 314 moving violations tickets, on parental responsibility violation, on juvenile ticket, and 270 other citations. The arrests included outstanding warrants, and drug related offenses.
Residents were reportedly pleased with the initiative, the second of its kind. The first, which ran from December 13, 2012- the end of April 2013 also targeted the city’s south side. These are considered the higher crime areas. Mayor Fouts says the initiative “sends a message that Warren is not a good place to commit crime.” He additionally told the Free Press the city would continue to deter blight saying “blight begets crime, and crime festers in blight.” The mayor looks forward to a third installment.
Looking for a Warren Criminal Defense Attorney, to retain Garmo &Kiste, PLC call us at (248) 398-7100 for a free consultation or contact us with a private message.
For information about specific charges see the links below:
- Retail Fraud
- Probation Violation
- Domestic Violence
- UIP/Indecent Exposure
- Disturbing the Peace
- Assault and Battery
- Obstruction of Police/False Information to a Police Officer
- Malicious Use of a Telephone/Telephone Harassment
- Malicious Destruction of Property
- Receiving/Concealing Stolen Property
- Bad Checks/NSF
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Fake or Forged ID
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Superdrunk/High BAC
- Marijuana Use/Possession
- Operating within the Presence of Drugs
- Prescription Drug Crimes
- Michigan Open Container Law
- How to Clean Your Criminal Record – Expungement
- Ineligible for an Expungement, now what?
- Representing Victims of Crimes
- Drunk Driving / DUI / OWI / OWVI
- Michigan Local Courts
- Michigan Local Universities