Did you receive a traffic ticket in Rochester Hills, Michigan? Traffic tickets are more common than we like and being a few minutes late could turn into a few points on your driving record. If you get too many points, your license can be suspended or even revoked. This is why it is best to take steps to prevent points from being placed on your driving record in the first place. The Michigan Vehicle Code assigns points for each violation but only after you have been convicted or found guilty of or responsible for a civil infraction. Points placed on your driver record remain there for two years from the date of conviction and cannot be removed by the Secretary of State. If you received a ticket in Rochester Hills, Michigan and would like more information about traffic law or to retain Garmo & Kiste, PLC call us at (248) 398-7100 for a free consultation or contact us with a private message.
The following is a list of points associated with common traffic convictions:
- Manslaughter, negligent homicide, or other felony involving use of a motor vehicle.
- Operating under the influence of liquor or drugs.
- Failing to stop and give identification at the scene of a crash.
- Reckless driving.
- Unlawful bodily alcohol content of 0.08 or more.
- Refusal to take a chemical test.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Drag racing.
- Operating while visibly impaired.
- Under age 21 with any bodily alcohol content.
- 16 mph or more over the legal speed limit.
- Failure to yield/show due caution for emergency vehicles.
- Careless driving.
- Disobeying a traffic signal or stop sign or improper passing.
- 11 through 15 mph over the legal speed limit.
- Failure to stop at railroad crossing.
- Failure to stop for a school bus or for disobeying a school crossing guard.
- 10 mph or less over the legal speed limit.
- Open alcohol container in vehicle.
- All other moving violations of traffic laws.
- Refusal of Preliminary Breath Test (PBT) by anyone under age 21.
For more information about traffic law or to retain Garmo & Kiste, PLC call us at (248) 398-7100 for a free consultation or contact us with a private message.